5 Reasons to Try Shampoo Bars
Get all of the benefits of Essential Haircare shampoo in a new solid format: these shampoo bars are compact like a soap bar, packaged in 100% paper, contain actives from Slow Food Presidia farms and last up to 40 washes!
Your favorite Essential Haircare shampoo formulas are now also available in a new solid version. We are excited to introduce you to four different shampoo bars:VOLU to give volume to fine hair, MOMO for deep hydration, LOVE for frizzy hair and DEDE for a delicate cleansing.
Whether you are already a fan of Essential shampoo in the traditional version, or you currently use another brand of shampoo bar, we are confident that these Essential Haircare shampoo bars will win you over. Here are five reasons to try them!
#1 - Professional quality guaranteed
You may have heard that traditional shampoo bars make it harder to cleanse your hair — we're happy to say that the Davines shampoo bars are different
- By moistening and rubbing the solid shampoo between your hands, you will obtain a rich and creamy foam.
- The perception on wet hair may be different compared to what you are used to, but when drying you will get the same result you would have obtained using traditional shampoo.
- The shampoo bar leaves your hair clean, shiny, soft and full-bodied.
#2 - Packaging is 100% paper
The solid shampoo is wrapped in a sustainable packaging made of 100% completely recyclable paper.
Unwrap the shampoo bar carefully in order to avoid breaking the packaging. Inside you will find useful information about how to use the shampoo and how to preserve it.
The emissions deriving from the lifecycle, excluding the phase of use, are offset
The packaging is made using FSC paper, fully recyclable
#3 - Easy transport and preservation
The solid shampoo can be transported easily using less space compared to a traditional shampoo.
- Thanks to the fact that it does not contain liquid, it can also be placed in the airplane cabin luggage. If you love camping, hiking and bike rides, the shampoo bar is perfect to optimize space in your backpack or camping supplies.
- Within the Essential Haircare line you will also find a convenient aluminum package, customized with Davines illustrations. The box is a versatile travel container for solid shampoo and has a perforated grid,(removable and washable) that allows water to flow through. This allows the bar to dry and guarantees maximum hygiene.
#4 - Safeguarding biodiversity and the aquatic environment
These solid shampoos continue the Essential Haircare tradition of sustainability.
- The formulas of each shampoo contain up to 97.4% of highly biodegradable ingredients: this means that after rinsing, most of them degrade within 28 days. If you want to know more, we follow the OECD 301 method.
- Each product also contains a Slow Food Presidia ingredient, in order to safeguard biodiversity in Italy! When you purchase the Essential shampoo bar, you contribute to protecting the work of a family of farmers, custodians of at risk plant species and artisanal knowledge. In order to thank them, we decided to interview them and tell their story: click on the videos below to learn more.
VOLU for fine and thin hair
Caprauna Turnip Root
Rich in minerals and vitamins, the Turnip root extract give full-body and volume to your hair.
MOMO for dehydrated hair
Rich in water, vitamins and mineral salts, the yellow melon extract helps provide long lasting hydration.
LOVE for frizzy hair
Rich in fatty acids and vitamins, the Olive extract has elasticizing and softening powers.
DEDE for delicate washing
Red Celery Extract
Rich in mineral salts, the Red Celery extract carries out a mineralizing activity on hair.
#5 - It lasts up to 40 washes
If preserved correctly, the shampoo bar lasts a long time. In general, a 100 gram shampoo bar makes it possible to wash between 30 and 40 times, more than a 250 ml bottle of liquid shampoo.
It's also important to keep in mind that the estimated number of washes for a shampoo package depends on a few different factors: hair length, thickness, or whether you double cleanse can all affect how long a bar lasts.
100 gr = up to 40 washes
250 ml = up to 30 washes
However, no shampoo bar is perfect
At this point you may be wondering: so is a solid shampoo better than the liquid one? There's no firm answer to this question, because no shampoo is perfect for all uses and under all sustainability profiles.
The solid shampoo does not need to replace the liquid one, since they can compliment each other! Exactly in the same way that it happens due to the biodiversity in nature, if we want to obtain products that are always more and more effective and sustainable, we need to diversify our approach.
The solid shampoo has an FSC paper packaging, the liquid one has a bio-based plastic one.
Both material come from renewable sources and are completely recyclable: at the end of their life they can be recovered and turned into a new raw material.
Both the solid and the liquid shampoo contain Slow Food actives and have a high level of biodegradability.
However, there is greater natural content in the liquid shampoo since the method used to obtain a solid formula requires ingredients whose molecular structure are partially synthetic.
The shampoo bar is perfect at home, since it is a product designed for at home and on-the-go use.
For our professional community we have 1 liter professional format shampoos available that make it possible to minimize packaging and easily handle salon volumes.
At this stage, not all Essential Haircare families have a corresponding solid shampoo. But we are working on this: we will not propose a solid shampoo version if we are not sure we are offering optimal performance!
So, ready to try it?
Now that we've covered all of the basics, the next step is to try it in for yourself! Discover both the liquid and solid formula, and the best picks for your haircare needs.MEET THE SHAMPOO BARS